Sunday, June 30, 2013

Meet the Camp Staff: Amber's Camp Whitman Experience

Amber as a Moonlight Mystery counselor in 2011. 
How many years were you a camper at Camp Whitman? 

5 years.  I did 3rd grade camp, then I came back for water rec, art camp, and music camp.

What was your favorite camp activity as a camper?

I liked swimming because we didn't have a pool when I was growing up, so the idea of going swimming every day was SO AWESOME!

What's your favorite camp activity as a counselors? 

Cookouts. It's close between that and tie-dye and ice cream, but I feel like with the cookouts the campers always have a good time, and it's never the same twice.

Do you have a least favorite part of camp?

Showers...haha. Um...getting adjusted to the early mornings is hard, but it's worth it.

What advice do you have for first-time campers?

Double check your packing list. When I was a camper I always forgot essential things like a hairbrush. Your experience is much more fun if you have all the things you need.

If you could be any animal, what would you be?

An intense flying animal. Does a pterodactyl count? I'm scared of heights, so as a pterodactyl I could fly without being afraid of heights.

No comments:

Post a Comment