Thursday, July 31, 2014

Counselor Leah's Staff Interview

     Leah's first year of counseling has been a wonderful addition the the CW family!  She has brought a great energy, attitude, and new ideas that her campers are very thankful for.  This week, we interviewed her for some of her thoughts on camp life and her favorite parts about Whitman so far.

Leah and campers cake decorating

How did you hear about Camp Whitman?

     I knew about Camp Whitman because I came as a camper!  I'm not sure how my parents heard of the camp, but maybe it was through my aunt who also went here when she was camper age.

What have been some of your favorite activities this year?

     One of my favorite activities was paper making with All About the Arts.  Paper making is something I've been doing since I was little, so it was really awesome teaching others how to do it.

Leah making paper with some campers

What has surprised you about working at Camp Whitman?

     I was surprised by how easy it was to get back into the swing of being at camp.  Everyone; campers, counselors, and leadership are so welcoming and excited to be here - it's great.

Counselors, Leah and Erin, working with their campers to create a Play

If you had a piece of advice for a first year counselor what would it be?

    "Fake it 'til you make it" is definitely helpful, but also asking for help when you need it.

Leah playing Fetch with Pastor Colin's dog at C-field


Please describe Camp Whitman in one word.

Important.

No comments:

Post a Comment