Thursday, June 26, 2014

Meet the Staff: Erin's Camp Whitman Experience

Erin has been with us for several years as a camper, volunteer, lifeguard, and now as a counselor for the 2014 season. Here's what she had to say about her Camp Whitman experience:

Erin at camp in 2013
How many years were you a camper at Whitman?

I was a camper for 7 years, starting when I was going into 5th grade.

What was your favorite activity as a camper? Why?

My favorite activity as a camper was tie dye. It's always different, and I used to spend all year deciding what I wanted to do with my next tie dye shirt. I still do, actually.

What's your favorite activity as a counselor?

My current favorite activity is sailing. It took me a lot of practice, but now I can't wait to be back on the lake!

Do you have a least favorite part of camp?

My least favorite part of camp has to be getting sunburned.

What advice would you give to first time campers?

As a first-year camper, remember that there's nothing wrong with being goofy!

Why do you keep coming back?

 keep coming back to camp because I miss camp at home more than I miss home when I'm at camp.

If you could be any animal, what would you be and why?

I would like to be a dolphin because I wonder what it's like to swim the way that they do,

No comments:

Post a Comment