Monday, June 9, 2014

Meet the Camp Staff: Jess is Here! A Returning Lifeguard's Camp Whitman Experience.

At the waterfront in 2012. 
Jess is back for her 3rd year on our aquatics team this summer! Here's what she has to say about her experiences at Camp Whitman.

What is your favorite part of camp and why?

My favorite part of camp is the waterfront, because I think it's really beautiful, and I love going out on the lake and taking groups kayaking.

Do you have a least favorite part of camp?

My least favorite part of camp is training week because I am always so eager for the regular camp season to start, so we can spend time with all of the campers!

Describe a typical day at camp for you. 

During my typical day at camp, I will go to breakfast. After that, I usually teach swim lessons and lifeguard for a group at the pool. After lunch, I spend my whole afternoon lifeguarding at the pool or taking groups out on the kayaks or canoes. After dinner, I will either help with groups going banana boating or attend the various events throughout the week at camp.

Jess helping out at the camp store at our Anniversary Gala. 
What do you do during the non-camp months of the year? 

During non-camp months of the year, I attend Messiah College as a Biochemistry major. There, I work a lot with organizing volunteers for various school events. I also like to travel and spend time with my friends.

What advice do you have for first time campers? 

As a first time camper, you should be open to new experiences. You should always give every activity a chance!


If you could be any animal, what would you be and why?

If I could be any animal, I would be a fish. I think that this would be fun because I could go swimming really deep in the ocean and see all the cool plants and animals down there.

No comments:

Post a Comment